The Employer's Agent is the lead-consultant. He/she is responsible for managing all teams and for ensuring the project is completed on time, on budget and that it meets agreed quality metrics. Other responsibilities include liaising with our client and co-ordinating all consultants over the life of the project - from inception to design, procurement and completion.
In addition, the Employer's Agent's role also encompasses:
- Developing the client brief - including establishing the project budget, timeframe and quality benchmarks
- Identifying and managing all project teams
- Establishing communication and management protocols
- Co-ordinating legal and regulatory consents
- Managing the flow and integration of design information, as well as Critical Path process items
- Advising on the project's risk management strategy
- Co-ordinating the procurement process - including identifying procurement options
- Monitoring and reporting on the project's progress.